Healing Garden Progress
Things are really shaping up in the new healing garden at Central Washington Hospital!
It’s been nearly two months since Young Bucks began pulling the English Ivy and dying shrubs out of the garden area. Despite being one of the hottest places on the planet during the month of July, CWH Facilities team members and a cadre of local businesses have been pitching in to spruce up the space.
- An ADA automatic door has been installed,
- The accent wall has been painted,
- Furniture has been modified for accessibility and powder-coated,
- New plants have been planted,
- Existing plants have been pruned,
- Mulch has been added,
- Irrigation has been installed,
- Accent lighting has been updated, and
- New tabletops and benches have been installed.
The new healing garden is dedicated to the employees and providers that faithfully serve the healthcare needs of North Central Washington. As we observe COVID-19 rates climb in the region, we are reminded of the importance of having a strong healthcare system that is fortified by skilled and devoted people that work within the organization. Our donors have used their gifts to express their sincerest gratitude for those that work at Confluence Health, and we thank them for making this tribute possible!
More updates, photos, and time-lapse footage of the garden transformation will be posted soon!
Back to all news